Kyosho Tracker 2
Kyosho Tracker 2 is a 2WD truck with large wheels. It is a 'real' radio
controlled vehicle since the radio and the car are not integrated.
The car was bought as a kit. Enjoy the pictures.
Tracker 2 is a stadium truck, its not a genuine terrain vehicle. It runs fast and jumps
Some improvements that I have made since I bought the car:
- A complete set of ball bearings.
- Electronic speed controller. It saves the battery and the top speed can be tuned suitable
- A 8,4V Sanyo battery makes the car fly!
- Bicycle lights makes the car visible in the dark. They do not, however, light up the path.
- I moved the original body three step lower than initially. This requires cutting more space for the
front wheels. After a few years of abuse the body was finished so I bought a new body from TowerHobbies.
It looks better than the original. It's Pro-line's F-150 body for some Traxxas model but it fits most
1/10 scale trucks.
New swing shafts increases the ground clearance.
New shocks. I replaced the original plastic shocks after they started to leak.
The motor and the electronics are now well protected against moisture. The motor is protected with
a shrink tube which is not a good solution for tuned motors that need service or get hot.
I replaced the sponge tape that protects the pinion and the gears with silicone.
I did not glue the parts together with silicone. I did let the silicone dry after
aplying it to one surface so I got a new seal made out of silicone.